We have carried out a number of anonymous surveys of those who have attended training. Below are key results of 4, highlighting:
- better coping with work
- better understanding of personal stress
- self use of the programme
- patient use of programme
A report detailing a one year follow up of a training workshop highlighting the impact of the training workshop on GPSTs and their use of the Positive Mental Training programme for their patients and themselves. Key findings were:
- 210 patients downloaded the programme from the website over the last 12 months, and 61 from the Feeling Good app from January onwards. Total 271: average is 13 patients per doctor using the programme.
35% of doctors (11) completed the survey. Key results from respondents were:
- 100% felt better able to manage their mental health & somatic/chronic patients
- 10 out of the 11 (91%) were using the programme for their patients
- 55% felt better able to manage their own stress
- 46% were using the programme personally
- 55% felt they had a better relationship with their patients
- 64% had greater job satisfaction
- All would recommend the training to colleagues
GPs who have attended a Positive Mental Training workshop said they felt better able to cope
- with their patients, and
- with wider aspects of their work,
-demonstrating the positive effect PosMT can have within a working environment.
Graph showing GPs, who have been trained in using PosMT, increased ability to cope with their mental health patients (MH), their other patients, and their own working practice.
3. Survey of Health Professionals in Halton and St Helens, England, 2011
An anonymous survey of those who attended Positive Mental Training workshops in 2010/2011 in Halton & St Helens revealed that:
- 75% of respondents felt that they had learnt something useful about coping with their own stress from attending training
- 52% of those trained were using the programme for their own benefit
4. Wales Survey 2012 A 6 month pre & post survey of health professionals who attended the RCGP accredited training workshop ‘Positive Mental Training: recovery from distress’ in Wales, with results showing increased wellbeing as measured by WEMWBS.