NHS Workshop Dates: Book Here
free for NHS Borders & NHS Lothian staff
St Columba’s Education Centre: EH5 3RW
This training workshop is a practical workshop on how to use the Feeling Good App in your practice. It provides the opportunity to consolidate learning and experiences, from a previous workshop, the online training module and/or using the resources, and to share and reflect on understandings and experiences with colleagues. For GPs, practice nurses, other primary care clinicians, community and liaison psychiatric staff, physiotherapists, OTs.
The NHS Digital approved, Feeling Good:positive mindset app, is available free to all NHS Lothian and NHS Borders clinicians and patients. It contains the programme Positive Mental Training, incorporating sports psychology with relaxation, and is designed to be self referred (via posters) or guided by a clinician as part of their normal care consultation.
Clinicians using in this, in their practice have reported, in anonymous surveys, an increase in job satisfaction and in their ability to cope. RCGP CPD accredited.
- Supported by NHS Lothian & NHS Borders – it is Free to
- Lothian & Borders CHP staff
- South East Scotland GPRs
- Those who have previously attended a workshop
- Those who have completed our online training module;
- Please book your place by email us
- If you do not fall into these categories and wish to attend, you can – book here £68/participant (ex VAT)
Positive Mental Training is a self managed, evidence based, treatment for depression, anxiety and burnout, for your patients, often used by GPs and psychiatrists themselves to increase their own wellbeing & resilience and reduce their stress. Using sports psychology, it is an audio modular programme incorporating mindful relaxation with positive reappraisal and positive future visualisation.
- Gain new insights into engaging patients
- Integrate this into your clinical practice and personal development
- Recognise the importance of the GP/therapist role in the treatment of emotional distress
- Assess & explain PosMT to your patients as part of a normal consultation
- Use brief techniques to demonstrate effects
‘I have been working in the NHS for 16 years and this is the best training afternoon I have ever had’ Workshop attendee
‘This has actually made a difference’ Dr C Woodforde, GP
Anonymous comments from GP workshop:
- ‘simple to understand and take on board’
- ‘very high quality training’
- ‘exceeded (my learning objectives and expectations) – nice to see ‘scientific’ background to this technique’
- ‘a completely novel and instant way of resolving a variety of stress related issues without drugs’,
- ‘excellent enjoyable mix of theory and practice’
Positive Mental Training: Recovery from Distress Workshop Details
Session 1 An afternoon training workshop for GPs, health professionals and staff working in occupational medicine. Provides a full overview of the Positive Mental Training programme, including evidence base, history, and its application in primary care and occupational health. By the end of the session participants will understand the theory, history and evidence base behind the programme and be fully confident in offering it as a treatment option.
Session 2 a follow up session either face to face or webinar, provides the opportunity to consolidate learning and experiences and share outcomes with colleagues.
This course is also available as a e-learning on-line module see our e-learning page
RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICY Payment must be received before the workshop date.Cancellations must be received in writing at least two weeks prior to the course date to be entitled to a refund, which will be subject to a £20 administration fee . We regret that cancellations received after this date cannot be refunded, and refunds cannot be made for failure to attend the event. However, a substitute can be made. Participants must be qualified health professionals and we reserve the right to refuse admission.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION Please e-mail us